Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 4 Stem Cell Surgery Pre Op

This morning we've woken up well rested to the sound of the ocean but still we are nervous wrecks. Trusting in the Lord has brought us all the way to Mexico.  We're in a foreign country meeting foreign doctors in a foreign hospital.  We've done the research and learned from the families of the children that have come before. To quote from a much better blogger and parent who lost his son, Mitchell's Journey, "my tears are of a strange variety...I think I'm finally beginning to understand the words of Washington Irving who said, “There is a sacredness in tears....They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.”  

I am not too far evolved from my baby Garrett, full of faith in his parents experiencing his first fearful day on the beach clinging to my leg with trust, yet trembling with fear.  I do have faith that the Lord will deliver us and we will cheerfully praise his name at the conclusion of this experience.

As I look out the greatness of the ocean, it is amazing to see how calm it lies just past the breaking of the waves at the shore.

We have been treated with such kindness here in Mexico. While the poverty is all around us, it is easy to recognize just how blessed we are. As medical tourists, we have met many people the short time we have been here.  Were it not for Hayden, we would not be experiencing many of these remarkable adventures.



No comments:

Post a Comment